I am a little in love with persimmons and this cake!
I modified the original recipe obtained from: http://www.glutenfreeveganlove.com/vegan-gluten-free-recipes/gluten-free-vegan-persimmon-chai-bread-refined-sugar-free/
Appox. Time: 1 hour 25 mins
Makes: 2 loaves or 1 loaf and a bunch of cupcakes
- 7 ripe persimmons
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp GF pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups dried almond pulp
- 2/3 cup potato flour
- 2 tsp GF baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
Optional: 1 cup raisins or currants
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two bread loaf pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- De-stem (and if skins are hard, de-skin) persimmons. Puree in blender. Blend in melted coconut oil, banana, vanilla, and spices into a smooth and uniform mixture. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all remaining bread ingredients, except raisins, and mix until everything is combined and uniform. Fold in the raisins.
- Pour into your prepared bread loaf pans and bake for approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes (or until a skewer inserted down the center comes out clean). Remove from oven and let cool.