BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
- Massage stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems.
- As a result of increased heat and mechanical stimulation, blood vessels dilate, increasing delivery of fresh blood to that tissue and improving the removal of metabolic wastes.
- If a muscle is contracted or connective tissue is restricted, it may place an abnormal amount of pressure on a lymphatic vessel and block it from proper drainage. Massage can ease that tension, allowing lymph vessel to open and drain. This process is also aided by slow, relaxed, deep breathing.
- Research has demonstrated a decrease in levels of cortisol (a hormone released during times of stress) after massage.
- Massage stimulates the parasympathetic division of the nervous system, which is responsible for the body’s overall relaxation response as well as increased activity and effectiveness of the digestive tract.
- Massage interrupts the pain/spasm cycle and promotes healing of injured tissue.
- A decrease in stress via these mechanisms enhances the overall functioning of the immune system.
TYPES OF MASSAGE
Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT)
Soft tissue manipulation that balances the central nervous system with the structure and form of the musculoskeletal system. NMT provides direct relief from constant tension and irritation due to trigger points.
Myofascial Release and Unwinding
Therapeutic treatment that works with the fascia of the muscles and utilizes a deep, gentle stretching to eliminate pain and restore motion. Myofascial release is a modality that works both structurally and energetically, unique in its ability to treat mind-body trauma and facilitate self renewal.
Bodywork geared towards athletes that contributes to increased performance and recovery, helps to prevent injuries, breaks down scar tissue, increases stretch and ease of motion.
This modality has it’s roots in Asia. Ashi (foot) -atsu (pressure) is a form of barefoot massage that you will absolutely fall in love with. If you are looking for a massage that provides consistently deep and relaxing pressure — THIS IS IT! I use overhead bars to support my body and vary the pressure. Try the deepest, most luxurious massage.
This deeply nourishing form of massage combines the art of aromatherapy with techniques of Vita Flex by applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. This specialized form of bodywork brings balance and harmony to the body — physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Pre & Post Natal Massage
Sessions designed with the growing and changing physical and emotional needs of the mother-to-be or the new mother. Helping to ease distress on the body of the common physiological conditions, (e.g. sciatica, swelling).
Gentle energy work that tunes into the natural rhythmic flow of cerebral spinal fluid between the cranium and the sacrum. Balancing the craniosacral system can help relieve headaches, chronic fatigue, stress, anxiety, depression and other tension related symptoms.
Hot Stone Therapy
Swedish massage with the added warmth of hot stones placed on the body and used to massage. This modality is deeply soothing to tired, sore muscles and is also deeply relaxing.
Traditional pampering that incorporates long flowing and relaxing strokes that soothe muscles and promote relaxation.
A nice way to bond with your friend or family member. Enjoy bodywork while spending time together in the same space. Afterward, make it a date and go out for lunch.
Our bodies need movement to be healthy. This is true for our organs as well. Visceral Manipulation is a manual therapy consisting of gentle, specifically placed manual forces that encourage normal mobility, tone and inherent tissue motion of the viscera (organs), their connective tissue and other areas of the body where physiologic motion has been impaired.
Individualized massage therapy for good health, injury treatment & prevention
Massage Therapy with Raya helps remove pain and create a natural healing environment for your body, mind and spirit.
Located in the Albany area, your session is designed with your unique needs and goals in mind. Unless you specifically request just one style of massage, I blend modalities for the maximum therapeutic value.
$49 – Half Hour
$90 – One Hour
$130 – Hour and a Half
$59 – Half Hour
$105 – One Hour
$135 – Hour and a Half
$105 – One Hour
$135 – Hour and a Half
$110 – One Hour
$140 – Hour and a Half
$180 – One Hour
$265 – Hour and a Half